I want to take a moment to thank a couple of the people who have touched my life along the way, and share it with you here for Thanksgiving.
1. My boyfriend & partner in crime Josh, he’s always first in my thoughts because we spend day in and day out coming up with new ways to take over the world 😉 or just make it through the day. Either way, having him in my life has given me a rock to hold on to when it’s stormy.
2. My talented friends- to name a few:
Vincent Welch, who’s good at wii bowling but even better at editing a killer video, and never scoffs at the crazy ideas I throw at him! Also a fantastic chef and abbreviator of words.
Bob Nittoli, who’s been involved with BTS since my very first show, and who has helped capture some of the most amazing images. Also a beer connoisseur, and a wonderful drinking companion to enjoy the lovely beer gardens of our Astoria neighborhood.
Lauren, who has modeled for me since the first BTS show. She is an amazing muse, such a sweethearted soul, and her smile can light up a room. To many more shoots together my dear!
To Larry Baglio, who I met through Lauren and who has captured our first collections in images so perfectly!
3. To my family, who believed in me enough to support me coming to New York in the first place, to studying fashion of all things. I know there were many things I could have done, but because of their support I am able to make this dream come true. Not only through an education but through supporting me in the early stages of turning my business dreams into a reality. My uncle and adopted father, an entrepreneur whose tireless nature lives strong in me. My aunt, who is always striving to make life more beautiful, and which I believe I am also honoring when I create lovely lingerie to beautify a woman’s form.
4. To Isabela Marchesa III, otherwise known as “Izzy”, she has kept me sane during the crazy moments. Plus, she’s fuzzy… and I can’t get enough of her diabolical antics!
5. And this may come off cheesy and grandiose, but to the US of A, because we are so lucky to have the opportunities we have here. My mother came from Iran, which you all know is not a place of great freedoms now. When she left it was just the beginning of it’s fall from grace so to speak, and I am so lucky that I have had the opportunity to be raised and educated here. I would rather not contemplate the alternative, but instead I am purely thankful for the machinations of fate that keep me here.
Thank you to the many more friends, family, colleagues, and fans who have also supported BTS and me along the way. Happy feasting, happy shopping, and happy thanksgiving.